National Dentist’s Day in March is an ideal time to celebrate the professionals who help keep our young children healthy and smiling.
Dentists specialize in oral health and it is their job to prevent, identify, and heal all things related to the mouth, teeth, and gums. In fact, starting with the appearance of a baby’s first tooth, dentists should examine the growth of teeth and jaws, check for tooth decay and healthy gums, and may even perform surgical procedures if necessary. Proper dental hygiene is essential to children’s overall health. Neglecting to brush, floss and visit the dentist regularly can result in serious problems that can be painful and even affect a child’s speech. So, today we tip our hats to dentists, for not only keeping our teeth looking good but for keeping our families healthy from the inside out.
In Cochise County, there are a variety of exceptional pediatric dentists. Most of these dentists accept AHCCCS and other popular insurance plans. Plus, there are several who are bilingual and can answer questions in both English and Spanish.
- Ronald McDonald Care Mobile Dental Clinic – Mondays and Tuesdays from 8am – 5pm at the Benson Family Health Center – 335 S. Ocotillo Ave. Benson
- Benson Family Dental – http://www.bensonfamilydental.com/
- Ronald McDonald Care Mobile Dental Clinic – Wednesdays from 8am-5pm at the Bisbee Family Health Center
- Mobile Dentist at Bowie School – 315 W. 5th St. Bowie, from 9am-4pm the first Thursday of the month
- Early Childhood Center of Excellence – 1151 16th St. Douglas, Phone 520-364-5437
- Ginger Ryan Clinic – 1100 F Ave, Douglas, Phone: 520-364-3285
- Cochise Children’s Dental Center – http://www.cochisechildrensdentist.com/
- Pamela M. Kaminski, Pediatric Dentist – https://cchci.org/staff/pamela-m-kaminski-dmd-faapd-fscda/
- Sierra Vista Dental – https://sierravistadentalaz.com/
- Cochise Caring Dentistry – https://www.cochisecaringdentistry.com/
- “MOLAR PATROLLER” Dental Clinic – Fridays from 8am-5pm at 1140 W. Fremont St. Willcox
- Willcox Family Dental – 805 W Rex Allen Drive – http://www.bensonfamilydental.com/contact/
Regardless of where you choose to visit, it is important to schedule appointments for your children twice a year, starting with their first birthday or first tooth. To learn more about caring for your little one’s teeth and for fun activities, visit: https://teeth.firstthingsfirst.org/